Overdot is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement sets out how we use and protect any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you. Our policy is designed to ensure that Overdot complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
How we collect information about you
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- When you interact with us directly: This could be when we meet you during a conference/exhibition, register with us for an event, or otherwise provide us with your personal information. This also includes when you phone us or get in touch through email or post.
- When you interact with us through third parties: This could be if you appear on a delegate list at a conference/exhibition we have attended and have provided your consent for your personal information to be shared with us.
- When you visit our website: We gather general information when you complete an online information request and consent to be contacted for marketing purposes by either email or phone/text.
Personal information we collect may include details such as your name, email address, company, postal address, telephone number, as well as information you provide in any communications between us. You may have also given us this information when placing an order via email or on our website.
How we use this information:
- To provide the services or goods that you have requested.
- For internal record keeping.
- To periodically send promotional email/newsletters about products or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at any time by contacting us or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication.
How we store your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Sharing your Information
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you – these are set out in more detail below:
- Access to your personal information: You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. You can make a request for access free of charge.
- Consent: If you have given us your consent to use personal information (for example, for marketing), you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, or you have withdrawn consent.
We may also ask you to provide a copy of your ID so that we can evidence it is in fact you making the request.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide core functionality for a website (e.g. logins), for website traffic reporting, or for marketing purposes.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We sometimes use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Read more about cookies here: overdot.co.uk/cookie-policy
Disabling cookies on your browser
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to enable you to visit other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com